1 loaf loaf French/Italian bread, sliced, cubed and dried out in a 300 degree oven until very slightly browned
1 cup Honey Crisp or Granny Smith apples, chopped
1 can whole cranberries or half bag fresh cranberries, fresh cranberries shoud be cooked and drained using instructions on the bag
⅔ cup chopped fresh walnuts
1 cup medium onion, peeled and coarsley chppped
2 cups celery, coasely chopped
1 cup chicken stock
pan drippings from turkey, if you have time, let the fat come to the surface and skim off before using
1 stick butter (preferably real)
½ tsp. Rosemary Passion Sea Salt
½ tsp. Sel d’Oignon Sea Salt
- Prepare loaf of bread as described above.
- Prepare onion, celery and melt 1 T of butter in sauce pan and sauté lightly.
- Add prepared cranberries and apples, sea salts and walnuts and stir for about 1 mi-nute. Add chicken broth and pan drippings.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small pan and toss lightly with the bread cubes.
- Add bread to the apple-walnut mixture and mix well.
- Place in buttered casserole dish, cover lightly and cook at 325° for about 1 hour, moving aluminum foil the last 15 minutes to brown slightly.