- 1 recipe for a double crust 9″ pie
- 8 granny smith apples- peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 T flour
- 4 T butter, cold
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Bourbon Infused Sea Salt, Salts of the 7 Seas
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white and brown sugars, bring to a boil. Reduce and let simmer.
2. Place bottom crust in pie pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Continue baking for 35-45 minutes or until apples are soft- test with small fork or toothpick. Remove pie and allow to cool until slightly warm before serving.
When serving, put a scoop of the best vanilla ice cream you can afford on top of the crust and lightly sprinkle Vanilla Bourbon sea salt over the ice cream and pie. Enjoy!