4 5oz. salmon portions
Mayan Sun Sea Salt from Salts of the 7 Seas
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Euro Blend Peppercorns from Salts of the 7 Seas
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup fresh blackberries
½ cup blackberry jam
⅔ cup hearty red wine (I used a cabernet sauvignon)
fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When oil is hot, add garlic, Mayan Sun Sea Salt and Euro Blend Pepper from Salts of the 7 Seas and sauté until garlic is fragrant and cooked through, about 1 minute (careful not to burn it!)
- Add fresh blackberries and blackberry jam to skillet and whisk until jam has broken down and formed a smooth sauce.
- Whisk in red wine and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce cook for 3-4 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
- Place salmon portions into the saucepan and spoon a few spoonfuls of sauce over the top of the fish. Continue cooking, spooning additional sauce over the fish every minute or so, until fish is flaky and cooked through (9-11 minutes, depending on how done you like your fish). The sauce should thicken considerably by this point, reducing to a nice glaze that you can spoon or brush over the fish just before serving.
- Remove fish from pan and top with a spoonful of the glaze (or brush it on with a pastry or silicone brush) and a few berries from the saucepan. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top (optional) and serve immediately.