16 frozen yeast dinner rolls
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, for pan
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon Voodoo Cajun Spiced Sea Salt from Salts of the 7 Seas
1/2 cup (1 stick, or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
4 ounces chive and onion cream cheese, softened
1 cup real mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons Voodoo Cajun Spiced Sea Salt from Salts of the 7 Seas
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground French Blend Pepper from Salts of the 7 Seas
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- To make the rolls: Place the frozen dinner rolls on a waxed paper–lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes. The dough should be thawed but still cold.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Sift together the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and Voodoo Sea Salt into a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Dip the thawed dinner rolls into the melted butter. Toss them in the plastic bag that contains the Parmesan cheese mixture. Arrange side by side around the edge of the prepared skillet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until doubled.
- To make the dip: Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, melted butter, Voodoo Sea Salt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, French Blend Pepper, and hot sauce until fully combined.
- By hand, mix in 1 cup of the pepper Jack cheese, the crabmeat, and chives. Unwrap the skillet and pour the cheese mixture into the center of the skillet. Top with the remaining cup of shredded pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the rolls are golden and the dip is heated through, covering the rolls with aluminum foil during the final 10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Let rest for 5 minutes on the counter before serving.