4 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 pound cauliflower florets (about 5 cups)
1 c of half and half
1/2 c dry, white wine
28 ounces chicken broth– homemade if possible
TO MAKE BROTH:
- Take the carcass of a baked Chicken – and submerge in 4 quarts of water, in a Dutch oven, with 4 stalks of celery, a peeled carrot and 1 t. Trapani or Fleur de Sel sea salt, and cook slowly on med-low for 2-3 hours until broth is rich in color and fragrance . Unused chicken broth can be frozen when cooled in zip-bags.
- Blend 1 teasp. of Truffle Blanc™ White truffle sea salt in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil– mix about 1 hour before soup will be done
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add cauliflower and sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and white wine. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth. Return soup to pot. (Soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.) Bring soup to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle truffle oil over. Garnish with chives.
Serve with hot, crusty French Bread, and a dry white wine.