6 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup freshly squeezed FRESH lime juice, only fresh no bottled
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup gold tequila—I know you’re tempted to drink it—but use it in the recipe!
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Lime Ole! gourmet sea salt, from Infusions by Salts of the 7 Seas! Real lime juice in this sea salt!
3 or 4 grinds fresh black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir the lime juice, orange juice, tequila, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- In zip-freezer bags, pour the marinade and the chicken breasts—about 3 per bag. Turn the bags over a couple times, then put them in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours. Don’t worry: the chicken will not “cook” in the marinade, the meat will be whitish in color when you take it out, but you’ll have juicy, flavorful chicken when you are finished!
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, and brush the grill rack with oil. Grill the chicken 10 minutes on the first side, then turn and cook another 8 minutes. NOTE: This is where you can give this delicious grilled chicken a little KICK! Explore the BAJA GOURMET SEA SALT SAMPLER from Salts of the 7 Seas—It offers 16 Premium sea salts capturing the Soul & Sizzle of the Baja Mexican Cuisine with a little fire and heat of sultry chilies as well as salts featuring the refreshing tang of real lime and freshly squeezed lemons…All are expertly infused. Also enjoy natural , unflavored sea salts from Mexico!
- Slice the chicken diagonally across the grain and serve with the accompaniments.
- Check out our recipe for Guacamole with Lime Ole! sea salt—the best ever!
- Also great with refried beans, a mild or sassy salsa on the side, Mexican rice.