4 oz macadamia nuts
4 oz moist coconut flakes
4 oz plain bread crumbs
6 (6oz) mahi mahi fillets
2 eggs, whisked
4 oz butter
2 oz shallots, chopped
1/2 teas. Red Pepper Flakes– or to taste
3 c chicken stock
1 15 oz canned tropical fruit salad, reserve syrup
4 oz mango, diced
2 Tbsp shredded coconut
2 Tbsp Natural Cane, Sugar in the Raw, sugar to taste
1 Tsp. Pele Red Hawaiian Sea Salt, by Salts of the 7 Seas, mixed with Toasted coconut to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In food processor or blender, pulse macadamia nuts, breadcrumbs and coconut. Pour into a bowl.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Dredge fillets in egg mixture and then in nut mixture until well coated. Quick fry fillets on both sides until nuts are golden brown. Place in a baking pan.
- Add shallots to skillet and cook until translucent. Stir in chicken stock and dump in entire can of tropical fruit salad and chopped mangos. (If you do not like the large pieces of fruit take them out and cut into smaller chunks during prep) Add the sugar. Simmer until reduced to a good thickness, approximately 15 -20 minutes. The sauce will have a sweet/spicy flavor. Strain sauce if desired.
- While the sauce is simmering, bake mahi mahi in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Serve with basmati rice, placing rice on bottom, spoon about 2 Tbsp of sauce on rice, place mahi mahi on top of that, and then drizzle with sauce.