- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper, deveined and cubed
- 1/2 cup red pepper, deveined and cubed
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups carrot, peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper from the Peppercorn Sampler by Salts of the 7 Seas
- Sagrado Rosa, Salts of the 7 Seas
- 2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Rinse quinoa in a bowl, at least 5 times (unless quinoa is pre-rinsed), rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring through a fine sieve.
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Gradually add quinoa and cook for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat both oils in a large skillet. Saute red and green pepper, green onion, carrot, celery, and parsley over high heat for about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
Combine quinoa and vegetable mixture and season withSagrado Rosa salt, and fresh pepper. Top with parmesan cheese and serve!