- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (or yams)
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Voodoo Sea Salt, Salts of the 7 Seas
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
Mash together sweet potato, beans, minced garlic, toasted bread crumbs, flour, lightly beaten egg, spices, and Voodoo sea salt. Chill in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Heat a skillet and add oil. Form mixture into 4 patties and place in hot skillet. Do not move until cooked and golden- approximately 5-6 minutes. Add oil as needed. Flip burgers gently and cook thoroughly.
- 2 bulbs of roasted garlic
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 sliced avocado
Squeeze out roasted garlic and blend (a food processor works well) with yogurt/sour cream and maple syrup.
Assemble burgers on buns. Top with roasted garlic cream and avocado. Enjoy!